Written advice is given in good faith, on the basis of information and material supplied. Every effort is made to ensure that advice is accurate and reliable, but no liability can be accepted for errors or omissions.
Please note that written advice will will be based on the information supplied and the issues raised. We normally make no charge for answering follow-up questions; but follow-up questions must relate to our written advice and the information on which it was based.
To put it another way, follow-up questions are not an opportunity to introduce more information and different issues. It’s therefore very important for clients to be clear at the outset about the information they supply and the issues they wish to raise.
Although Andrew Barsby is qualified as a barrister he is not entitled to practise as a barrister and does not hold a practising certificate. He is not subject to many of the rules which regulate practising barristers.
This limits the services he can provide. He cannot exercise rights of audience in the law courts. People would have only limited rights to complain about him to anyone else.
The Legal Ombudsman, which can adjudicate on complaints about poor service by practising barristers, cannot consider any complaint against him. However, people can complain to the Bar Standards Board.
He is not covered by professional indemnity insurance.
- We handle personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and additional UK legislation. We use personal data only for the purpose of providing advice and dealing with queries from purchasers, and with other matters arising therefrom.
- The rights enjoyed by data subjects under the GDPR, in relation to personal data which we hold, can be summarised as follows:
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to have inaccuracies in their personal data corrected
- The right to have their personal data erased
- The right to object to direct marketing based upon their personal data
- The right to restrict the processing (including automated decision-making) of their personal data
- The right to data portability for their personal data
- Material on this website and in our publications is copyright © Barsby Ltd 2021 onwards, save where indicated. Copyright material, inlcuding written advice and sound recordings, is for your personal use; but it can be used for any reasonable purpose connected with the legal and factual issues which are the subject of the copyright material.
2. Crown copyright material on this website and in our publications and advice is reproduced pursuant to the UK government’s Open Government Licence v3.0.